Monday, July 11, 2011

Stressed and Scared

Well.... there's been some not-so-fun happenings around here lately.

My Grandma Jenkins passed away in May and we (my family and I) have to fly to East Wenatchee, WA in a couple of weeks for her memorial service. Problem with that is, the plane tickets are so dadgum expensive! I can't really afford it right now and that's stressing me out.

Last week, I came out onto my patio to have a cigarette (Yes, I'm a smoker. I know it's gross and I really want to quit but it's super hard) and I found that my pack and my lighter were gone. I live on the first floor of my apartments - someone came onto my patio and stole them! Inconvienced, yes. Rude, yes. Scared, no.

The next day, Charlotte came over to go swimming. We were hanging out in my living room and I saw movement on my patio. I called Char over to the window and we watched as some guy was going through my cigarette butts that I put out in a metal bin on my patio. Char opened the door and yelled at the guy. Creeped out, yes. Scared, no.

Last night, I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep (with minimal success as the guy who lives above me has a very squeaky bed and was obviously, um.... entertaining, a female friend) when I suddenly see a really bright flash of light outside of my window. To me, it looked like a camera flash. Scared, yes.

I texted Mike and told him what happened and he came straight over with a shotgun for me to keep in my apartment and he stayed the night with me. Poor guy got about 3 hours of sleep because of this. I felt really bad but comforted at the same time. I am going to the office in a little while to report all of these creepy, scary happenings but I would like to ask for some prayers for safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment