Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Water condensed from atmospheric vapor and falling in drops...

Yes, that's right... it's raining in Houston!


And we needed it badly!

The great state of Texas has been in a really bad drought this year and just in the past few days there were some wildfires that broke out near Houston. We desperately needed this!



When it's raining/thundering, it makes me think of my good friend Deniz who says, "If I've washed my sheets the night before and it's raining, I call in sick to work". It always made me laugh because I never understood why - I guess that comes from my father's work ethic that he instilled in me...

But I was thinking this morning while I was laying in bed, listening to the rain... what do I like to do when it is raining and thundering outside?

1) Lay in bed and listen to the storm in between naps
2) Lay in bed and read a book
3) Watch a movie marathon - if I'm alone, totally girly movies - Clueless, Legally Blonde, The Notebook...
4) Snuggle up in bed and talk/nap with my sweetheart - unfortunately, Mike and I have not had a chance to do this yet because there's been a drought this year and of course today, he's working.
5) Bake delicious goodies like cake, cookies, pies, etc.
6) Sit outside and watch the rain and lightning
7) Watch the weather channel and wait for the Local on the 8's and watch the rainstorm move through

I tend to be pretty lazy on rainy days - which is a major change from when I was a kid. I hated rainy days. Rainy days meant I couldn't walk down the street to play with my best friend, Olivia. It meant I had to find something to do - like color or play a board game with my little sister.

What do you like to do on a rainy day?
Do you have any good memories about rainy days from your childhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment