Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend Review

This weekend was a wonderful, relaxing weekend. I love getting to spend time with Mike without too many "things to do". This weekend was a movie weekend for us - we spent most of our time watching movies in the nice, cool air conditioning....



Friday night, Mike and I went to Alamo Drafthouse to see Bad Teacher. I had never been to Alamo Drafthouse, but the concept was really cool. You go into the theater, look at the menu - which was actually a really large menu, write your order on paper and stand the paper up. Then, a waiter comes and gets your paper and brings you your food and your drinks while you watch the movie. I was a little worried that my ADD would be completely activated by this and I'd miss the movie, but that didn't happen! So, I was able to enjoy a sangria and a cheeseburger with fries while watching the movie! As far as the movie was concerned, it was pretty funny! I can picture some of those scenarios happening! Truth be told however, I could have waited until it was out on DVD. But, I had a great time at the movies with my sweet boyfriend.

Saturday, Mike and I slept in a little and then went to run some errands. We went to the Verizon store, because I'm due for an upgrade, and looked around. I wasn't excited by any of the phones so we left and headed up to his side of town. We went to his mom's house and got to spend some time with his mom, his step-dad, his sister, and his brother-in-law. Then we left and as we were driving back, he had me stop at Conn's. We go in and Mike proceeds to buy a 32" flat screen HD LCD TV! We went back to the apartment and he set it up. I ordered pizza and we watched Superbad (awful movie but he thinks it's funny) and Book of Eli (which I loved). Then we went to bed.



Sunday, we slept in again! Then, Mike made breakfast (a first!) and we watched How to Train Your Dragon (super cute movie - I loved it). After breakfast, I worked on his laundry for the week and cleaned the kitchen. I went to the store and got a newspaper and looked through the ads and coupons for the week. Then, we played the video game we've been playing for about a month now, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. I love this game because it's a two player game and you have to rely and communicate with the other person to win it. Mike got frustrated with the game so we switched gears and he tried to teach me how to play Tony Hawk's Underground, but I wasn't very good at it so we played Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for a little while... I'm no good at that one either. So, we watched 8 Mile (still not a very good movie, but it was the only movie we watched this weekend that I had seen before), then took showers and went over to his mom's house. There we had a wonderful dinner with his mom, step-dad, sister, aunt and uncle. There were some wonderful conversations and I love getting time for his family to get to know me and for me to get to know his family. After that, I came home to a quiet but messy apartment and decided to deal with the mess later. So, I went to bed!

I'm still working on thinking of fun things for Mike and I to do on the weekends - I love having these quiet days in but I love going out and doing things too! So, next weekend my parents are coming into town so I'm going to have them over and we are going to have dinner with them. This will be Mike's first time meeting my mom! Other weekend activity ideas: Dave and Busters (I have coupons!), an Astros game, maybe go-karts....

What are your favorite things to do with your sweetheart?
Have you seen any good movies recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment